Embracing All in Christ’s Love
This Sunday’s Message
This Sunday is a special Sunday in the church year…it is called Transfiguration Sunday. When you think of the word transfigure what automatically comes to mind is that something is changed…perhaps a new figure is created.
In our scripture lesson from Luke 9: 28-36, we will see and ponder the following events:
- The actual transfiguration takes place on a mountain top; how many times have you been to the mountains and seen the majestic creations of God?
- Many monumental things happen on various mountains: Mt. Sanai, Mt. Ararat, Mt. Olivet, and Mt. Tabor, etc.
- Moses & Elijah appear in their glory to Jesus.
- A cloud overshadows them and then a voice speaks, “This is My Son, My Chosen; listen to Him!” How often do we really listen to what Jesus is trying to say?
- In what ways do we hear the Lord’s voice in contemporary times?
Your newly refined, reconfigured, renewed,
Welcome New Members!